Through our curriculum at Corvedale Primary School we aim to promote enjoyment of, and commitment to learning.
The need to educate the whole child is the basis of all curriculum planning and aims to provide a broad and worthwhile curriculum that builds on pupils’ strengths, interests and experiences.
The requirements of the National Curriculum provide the foundation for the majority of taught curriculum. Wherever possible links between and within subjects are made.
Corvedale is committed to personalising the learning for all children.
Skills for Life
Underpinning the taught curriculum is our commitment to develop personal skills. These include:
- Reflection – Asking questions, listening to others and reflecting on work
- Relationships – The ability to work together as part of a team
- Resilience – Not giving up
- Resourcefulness – Knowing what to do and where to go when we get stuck
- Risk taking – Being confident to take risks
The Core and Foundation Subjects
Please see the curriculum jigsaws for the summer term 2017 below: